Monday, October 08, 2007

Full Circle, Roma my sweet city

Well Friends,

I am back in Roma again! Almost 2 years to the dot! My dear friends MAC have moved an hour outside the city and now rest on the sea. I have yet to see this. I will see it in the morning, once I get over my little bout of insomnia here. Haven't quite adjusted to the time change. C is pregnant again! So funny, She was about this far along last time I visited. Matt and I have broken in a bottle of wine to get the visit started on the right foot. And then some whiskey? Poor C is stuck being sober with us once again.

We spent most of the day travelling, my momma and I, and it was amazingly peaceful and relaxing to be journeying on our own in a country with wich we cannot speak to anyone or read the language. We are damn tired of lugging our luggage on metros, thats for sure. Has anyone noticed that there are stairs and stairs and stairs on European metro stations?. We started the metro/luggage/stair dance in London this morning and ended it in Rome. Most of the day was spent travelling. Anyways we were so proud of ourselves for traveling and finding our way 1 hour outside of Rome on trains with some signs in different languages, strange city, etc. Power to the women!

We both woke up at 4am last night and decided to have a nice little chat. I went out for some cold water in the hallway and momma broke out the cheese and wheat thins she carted from Dallas. I am amazed, because she keeps pulling more and more food articles out of her purse. Its like the magic rabbit out of the purse. We turned on the lights and got all of our sleeplessnes out of our system, then turned out the lights and went back to bed. hee hee.

Rome is much warmer than London and we had quite the pleasant little evening on the Train platform waiting in Trastevere to catch the Citivecchia train out to Santa Marinella. Slight breeze, just watching all the beautiful Italians end their work days and prepare to head home. Mom had some granola bars and carrots for us to snack on, naturally. The Genungs live one cute little street away from the Train Station. So quaint. Feels full circle to be back in Rome with the Genungs again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

Ahhh... I am so glad that you get to experience Roma once again... and am so glad that you are doing so with you mama. Have a wonderful trip. Hugs and kisses to the Genungs and your mom. :) I'll be praying for y'all. Felicia

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home