Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Engagement Season

Here's some good juice:

1. Tracey engaged January 1 2006! After two years of dating! Her man gathered her for Christmas Present exchange, and THIS YEAR she had a small box with bling inside. He got down on one knee and said he loved her and asked her to marry him. She smiled and was so excited. "You haven't answered me yet" he exclaimed. "Yes" She cried.

This just in...

2. Michele engaged on her birthday, Sunday, January 15! Scott , her boyfriend of two years who lives in Pheonix and was coming in for her birthday. He told her not to plan anything Sunday night after we went to 4:30 mass at St. Annes. Then, when he gets into town he asks her where she wants to go for dinner? She rather testily, says, Scott, you told me not to plan anything for the evening and I haven't, and its my BIRTHDAY so wherever YOU PLAN to go we'll go. Just pick something. She was quite ticked that not only had he told her that there would be "no surprises" on this visit but that he also had not planned anything for her birthday.

The collective gaggle of girlfriends, "we" were also mad at him after hearing this story. We tried to contain ourselves when seeing him at mass. After watching Desperate Housewives Sunday night with her roommate, princess up in the air, I sighed and said despondently, "I'm going to put the phone by bed, in case you hear from Michele, call me." PUITA shook her head, "I don't think there's gonna be any call." "Me neither."

Imagine my delight when at 11:30pm I have a call from PUITA! "No way!" I answer the phone. "Yes!" she screams. We scream, we cry we can't beleive how Scott got us so thrown off the trail. Michele came with Scott to check into his hotel and help him bring his bags up to his room. There is a trail of rose petals leading up to the bed. On the bed, says LOVE spelled out in rose petals. There are gifts for her birthday. And Scott comes out with a Cushion cut loose diamond, gets down on one knee and says," You always make eveyone smile, and two years ago you started making me smile. I want you to make me keep smiling for the rest of our lives, will you marry me. We can shop for the setting together tomorrow." Can I just say, Alleluia!

God is so good....

2 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

Ah... Wonderful news! Congratulations Michele! Also, I spoke with Alison this weekend. She says that her sister, Natasha is getting married too. Tis' the season!

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love is in the air. I love it!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home