Monday, December 05, 2005

True Thanks

For those of you who have been on the edge of your seats for the past week on whether or not my street flooded and whether or not the Peruvian is still speaking to me after witnessing the Christmas Decorating Controlling side of Roja .... the answer is no and yes!

After registering initial surprise at my insistence on redoing one branch five times with the lights, the Peruvian realized quickly that I approach tree decorating with a level of intensity usually reserved to Gambling addicts. After six hours however, he had me beat at my own game, and raised me one insistence that the angel be a bit lower on the top of the Christmas tree and that the Nativity have a star added to it.

Throw on top of that his checking of the fluids in the Truck before venturing to get the Tree and his idea to rake the top of the bushes after hedging them and we had successfully turned Christmas decorating into a fully competitive sport in which the score was VERY close.

After six phone calls to the city of Irving, I gave up on them and decided what really was so wrong with my yard flooding over into the street. I turned to passive aggressively writing obsenities about the city on the kitchen message board instead. One roommate thought that it made our house seem like we had a moat to protect access from strangers. The Peruvian liked it because now he could easily identify which house was ours. The other roommate, however, decided to take charge as I was obviously flaking out and turning into a crazy person. She started making calls and taking names and notes and finally one day I came home and she had the water turned off, she opened the sprinkler system and showed me where the leak was. Thank God for loved ones in your time of need.

1 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

...and THANK YOU for hosting a wonderful party... hard to believe it's been 10 years.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home