Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Because of the full moon...


Because of the full moon this weekend...
The Peruvian makes his public debut with my coworkers, who know him only as "Salsa Boy". I am cornered at every turn with "He is quite handsome." This seems to be the universal conclusion of all the women in the department. I am quite proud.


Because of the full moon ...
The Peruvian knocks on the door, his car will not start after dropping me off, though we just drove in it for 45 minutes.

Because of the moon..
I loan him my spare truck to drive home.

Because of the full moon this ...
I have received a ninety count bottle of sleeping pills from my mothers aunt and decide to take one.

Because of the full moon..
The Peruvian calls and the truck has broken down half way home. I must go pick him up and I'm fairly sure the bottle said somewhere on it not to mess with heavy equipment or Jeeps or electric bottle openers, or some such.

Because of the full moon...
Following instructions as carefully as always, I meet him out at the Anatole Hotel where he has managed to pull off the side of the road.. We, Ahem, find out the problem. (was minor, we'll leave it at that) only to be suddenly harrased by the security guard who shines his light in my eyes and tells me I was there last night and he knows because he recognizes my red hair?

Because the moon....
We attend 7:30 Mass and the moon has turned that golden yellow/brown... Harvest it is...
and I am so shocked to look next to me and see a man that is handsome who is praying oh so sincerely with his eyes closed and making some Hispanic version of the cross five times plus kiss your fingers at the end sitting next to me. The men who have sat there in the past were neither handsome nor were they paying attention to the proceedings in any form or fashion. My heart takes a leap similar to when I look up and catch one of those moons that is close to the horizon and larger than a house. When I come home, there is a pink rose sitting in a vase from a friend at the door, which is St. Therese's way of letting me know that she's keeping after God for me. My heart is full, and it must be because of the full moon this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger rita said...

'the man in the moon is smiling...
cause he's in love with the girl in the world...
heavenly!'

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home